Saturday, May 16, 2009

How It All Started...(The Reason Why I Am)

"Want to see the reason I'm this way, take a look at my past/If you don't want to, then you can kiss my ass"

That's a good way to start it. :) oooohhh I had another song concept, uh oh :). It's called "Good old friend."
This song I'm going to talk about past friend/girlfriend relationships and possibly hooking up with an "old friend." No girl in front of it though. I just think it's hot. Don't you think old friends? Hahaha. I'm an evil man (puts pinky towards lip).

Okay well in this entry I basically want to explain how my favorite artists list just works out...

Eminem
Jay-Z
Kanye West
Charles Hamilton
50Cent
Lil Wayne
Lupe Fiasco

How that came to be. There's always been a time period where I've struggled immensly in my life and when that has happend I have clinged onto a new artist. Lupe and Wayne were more of a slightly difficult time. 50cent was more of tied into the eminem era, which is coming back AND charles hamilton, which I have wrote about several times has been my new favorite artist of late.

It's all about the relationship and connection a listner builds with the music and the artist. That's how I feel and that's what I know.

I think when I was 9-12. I was really at a dark point in my life, especially around ten when my parents split from my life and the man named marshall mathers came in and replaced them.(This is also the effect Eminem had on charles hamilton, another reason I can fucks with dude).

Then from there, all my dark thoughts just took off. Writing poetry about suicide, writing songs about killing people, and kind of being an asshole. But I think although negativity surrounded his music and my life, it saved me. And really gave me this ambition, this way to release my pain through typing a poem or writing a song.

I remember having a tape deck and playing an instrumental on my playstation, pressing record, and freestyling. It was crazy. Kind of wish I still had that shit. Since then it has come to what it is now, MY LIFE.

The reason I stress buying the eminem cd is because hip-hop needs it, music needs it, the cd industry needs it. PLUS ur getting o.d. Good quality music!

I can't fucking wait basically because this album is probably going to save me again. Almost ten years later, in a different point of my life. That's what I'm hoping for. Inspiration and a re-connection...

Just know I got you Em. And one day we will make a song with eachother, I don't care if you eat me alive or if it's the wackest song ever but it's gunna happen. MUSIC = Life man.

"That's probably why I stopped sketching/ and listening to the Marshall Mathers LP was more interesting." -Jam Young "Road To Hollywood"

Fin

No comments:

Post a Comment