Monday, September 14, 2009

Mood Ring: Part 8 "Empire State of Mind"

Hey yall, told yall i'm on my grind. lol. Anyway, this mood ring goes out to a new favorite song from Jay-Z's BP3. The song is, well amazing! It's so different from what he usually does/has done and Alicia Keys sounds magnificent. Many reviews i've read says that she sounds "pop-py." I must say i beg to differ. Live or in person i know she sounds amazing and is just as beautiful as her voice. As for Jay-Z "What More Can I Say" "He's an idol in my eyes" (Kanye West) and i just hope i get to work with him somebody seriously. I know H-O-V probably has his ego trips but i think and hope that deep down he's as good as he portrays himself to be. Everyone can be a dick so i don't knock him for that. It would just hurt never to be able to do a song with him...
Anyway, enjoy this one and i apologize if i'm jockin carrie, jockin carrie lol. Someone will get it.

"The city never sleeps, better slip you an ambien"
"I do it for the culture"



Go buy that Blueprint 3!!!

Review COMING SOON!

2 comments:

  1. this song makes me miss the city, so much. you have no idea. when i first heard it, it was in shock and awe, literally. this song is the epitome of NYC and it's people. i love this song and i love the "new" jay-z.
    i haven't been a fan of him since the start, but recently, i've gotten more and more into his music. the blueprint 3 is amazing :) i'm buying the album today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Listen, you song stealer, I don't appreciate you "jockin carrie, jockin, jockin carrie". :)

    ReplyDelete