Saturday, September 5, 2009

Blueprint 3

First i'd like to say R.I.P to Aaliyah and Michael Jackson, whose birthday just passed recently. I've just really been in my own world and stressed. I have to do a couple more recommendations on two more mixtapes and two new shows from HBO. BUT let's talk about another big album in my life. The Blueprint 3 by Jay-Z.

The Blueprint One was an album i took for granted. It was one of the most bootlegged cd's at the time and probably in history lol. Ironically (or not) my dad bootlegged everything and of course he had the Blueprint. At the time i wasn't a Jay-Z Fan. I go through phases, sad, lost, growing up phases and usually during these period of times i get attatched to a new artist. First it was Eminem, then Jay-Z, then 50 Cent/G-Unit, Kanye, and Charles Hamilton. Now i listen to so many artists it's hard and i like a lot of them but i haven't really been attatched to one except maybe XV. So the blueprint came out in 2001, actually september 11, 2001. It was crazy. I remember exactly where i was at the moment, in the lunchroom of RFK during Music class. My dad ended up picking me up cause he was late for work and guess where he worked right by? yup, the twin towers. So i guess he was lucky, who knows what would of happen. Anyway, i remember him sometime bringing cd's and i picked it out. i think i listened to it but obviously oblivious to how amazing the cd was at the time. i was still attached to eminem (and didn't want to cheat on him lmao). There was a track on the cd titled "Renegade" with eminem and jay-z. so this song instantly became a classic and the one song i really listened to on the album. It's probably one of the best, if not the best on it.



(that's them performing live two or so months ago, the song)
So then when i started liking Jay-Z, he was on to the Blueprint 2. I made my mom buy me the album and that was actually the first Jay-Z album i got or bought. I liked all the commercial sounding songs on it, not listening to the real gems on the cd. Remember the "Bonnie n Clyde 02" remix. That shit was fire. Beyonce looked sooooo sexy. Anyway, it just happend that was my first cd and the beginning of the Jay-Z frenzie. Then i bought the black album but didn't really listen to it either. I became infautated with G-UNit and EMinem now and those were the only two things i listened to. A few years later, when i started really writing music for myself and had an open ear for punchlines and such (thanks to G-Unit and Eminem lol) i listened to the jay-z albums i had and realized this man was a genius. The black album became my blueprint.

Anyway, i had to lead up to the story because here i am, at 19, and Jay-Z is back with the Blueprint 3. Which, from what i've read and heard has been receiving a lot of heat, critism, and more. The whole album has leaked (just like the first blueprint) and Jay-Z wanted to dropit on September 11 (friday) to remember his first blueprint. BUT of course he pushed it up to tuesday (found out recently) because i'm assuming of the album leak. Ironically, i think he leaked the whole thing purposely and planned this. He's been very creative though. Jay has been trying to take his music to the next level since he's been back out. I thought (in 2005/2006) that i would never hear Jay again then he dropped Kingdom Come (which i was extremely impressed by) but i was just glad to be hearing him. I would love, absolutely love him to do a song with me in the future. So i'm glad he's maturing, still out and making music. I just think people don't understand him. I'm not going to front like the music he's making is CLASSIC material but how much can it be. I still believe He has that last CLASSIC in him but i think his final, final, album will be a classic. He's still Jay-Z. He's just done enough hip-hop and i don't blame him for exploring, especially with the way hip-hop is changing.

I'm just bothered by the leak and the lack of understanding but i do miss HIP-HOP Jay. Blueprint/Black Album Jay. But i'm not hating. I'm just glad he's still here and being hated cause that means he's relevant.

GO COP, Sept 8th BLUEPRINT 3. AND PRAY i get tickets to his friday concert. HOLLA!

P.S. This is innovative




P.P.S If you don't think he still got it. Listen to his flow and the words on this song, which you probably heard already but.
"my raps don't have melodies, this make niggaz wanna go out and commit felonies"


No comments:

Post a Comment