Friday, January 22, 2010

Brutal Honesty: A Free Write Blog Session

This should be self-explanatory

I'm sitting in a fast food resturant
Wondering where did it all go wrong
The only way I know how to express is through song
That's why I been doing this all along
Not for glamour, or bragging rights
But because when I hear instrumentals, I think life
Music is essential, with a pen or pencil, recycled bar
From an unkown star, that you looked passed like a real fast car, nascar,
Sometimes I feel stuck, picture a block of hot tar
With my feet in it, I'm deep in it,
Years go by like a new york minute,
Almost everything I've written, from the crane under my fitted, I meant it, so you can be copestetic
but try to put things in perspective
and think objective,
I try to help out the people who shunned me
From acquainteces to old buddies
Even girls who've claimed to love me, it's crazy
How we were so close, now so far apart
And we both were on the same path in the start
Got people who if they really needed something, have my contact nigga
We got phones, myspace, facebook,and twitter
Yet I can't be notified of anything
Guess our "friendship" don't mean anything
Keep names on the hush, but you know, I know that you know
that I'm talking about you like the wendy williams show
Subliminal, Hov
And I'm very definisive cause I'm a man of pride
I ain't afriad to admit my fuck ups and the times I lied
The tears I've cried and the times I've failed but tried
Never pretended to the perfect man
But I try to be as perfect as I can
Saving judgementals thoughts for monday morning sanitation
Just grazin, the surface, of a deep mind
Before I feel I gotta stop like a street sign
The world's cold so when I feel the heat, I'm fine
I stay in these lines but I gotta go out of line
To get my point across, like a miswritten word,
Wanted her to be your misses didn't you sir...
Yes I did, but the more times goes by, I realize that my dream is too big,a house on the hill with 3 kids, ...doesn't seem likely
...Just doesn't seem right be...but I still close my eyes and invision what it might be...

No comments:

Post a Comment