Monday, November 8, 2010

Little Paul and a Happy Birthday

Hey yall,

just wanted to write a quick entry and say Happy Birthday to a good friend of mine, carrie. I want to personally wish you a Happy Birthday on my blog. That's the best thing i can do, for you, so enjoy it. :) lol.

I also wanted to tell you guys a quick story...
Ever since i moved into my grandmother's house/home/apartment a lot of people who know my father or grew up with him, call him paul, and call me paul jr. or little paul. Now i'm not exactly little but my dad is a bit taller than i am as well as a bit bigger than i am. Anyway, yesterday i was leaving the building and was stopped by two of my dad's old friends, who still live in the building, and they actually asked me questions, besides how's your dad doing. They wanted to know what i was doing with life and i told them and they joked around with me. I told them about my creative writing major and how i play basketball in college and they had this like proud look, like "look what paul's son is doing: great things." It was pretty cool then they told me stories about my dad and how my grandmother dressed him in highwater jeans and how they use to play handball and peg my dad in his huge butt. lol. It was cool but the thing that stood out to me was that one of the guys said to his friend, "this is paul's son, he's going to be a writer." It felt good. It felt nice to actually be associated with my father for once. I am, my own man, always have been but it was... cool. It brought a smile to my face. I was also very happy about the "he's going to be a writer." I think that's one of the few times i've ever heard that, made me feel like a little kid eventhough i know i'm taking every step toward being a "writer."

Anyway, that's really it. Got a scrimmage today and i have people rootin for me BUT more importantly, i have my focus and i have ME rootin for ME and that's what i've been searching and missing all along. So go jay! do your thing today and earn what you know you deserve.

Jam on It!

No comments:

Post a Comment