Friday, February 26, 2010

Is Life Like A Movie?

Now I know what some people may think when they read the title. A movie is a fantasy, a reality but it's usually based on real life situations...sometimes exaggerated, sometimes down to the exact detail of a person or situation so if that's the case than maybe movies are like life. Which then means my title cannot be true. Either way that's what I'm asking and exactly how I'm feeling. I feel as if I am delusional. Is this really happening? Did this really happen? Do I feel way or that way?

I feel like a lot of things on a daily basis play with our true emotions, if we even have true emotions. Everyday struggles, life circumstances, traumatic experiences, infatuation, anger, and so much more happen so often, how in the world do we ever know how we, as people, are really feeling? How can we know.

Bi-polar is a term used on people who basically have split personalities but more like tempers. One day they angry, happy, with no happy medium. I feel like bi-polar is the extremist example because in MY reality, we all our bi-polar. All effected by our life experiences and other things. Women have periods, metapause, and what not. So how can they really tell how they are feeling. Men, at least the perception is, that we hide our feelings from one another and denying certain emotions ourselves.

Movies are the epitome of reality. We see our humane characteristics in movies. Some of us cry, get angry, get uncomfortable, laugh, imitate, when we watch movies because Ít relates to us in one way or another.

I feel like I'm living a movie right now especially when I get furious and/or take a step back and analyze certain situations. Is this really happening? How do I feel about this, etc. It's all very gloomy and sticky and confusing. To be honest it makes me wanna cry but yet forces me to be indifferent or at least act like it. A lot of times as people we don't realize what were doing to ourselves, to peers, to girlfriends until we take a step back and see it ourselves...like holy shit, I really do act like that. I've had moments like that. And right now I'm feeling very strange and uncomfortable. Maybe it's just the day, how things been going or maybe this is how I'm genuinely feeling about a situation.

I really love somebody. She may still be out there or she may not exist but I feel cold. I really do because no matter how vulnerable I let myself be to my friends or to girls I date, I'm still misunderstood and still not letting myself just go. I guess that happends when u get older and hurt and then realize you can't be naïve to the world around you...shit can happen and change and at times there's nothing, absolutely nothing you can do about it. I kind of feel that way now.

Why am I acting like this?

Have I really become cold to the world, immune. Now to the point I don't feel. I don't feel jealous. I don't feel love. I don't feel extremely happy. I'm just living to experience. Living without a true purpose. Idk what I'm doing in school. I've lost tons of motivation. I don't talk to my parents. I don't go to therapy much. I don't feel. I just do and go along with shit. Word, fuck it nigga. This is what I'm suppose to be doing. I don't have real opinions or many wants anymore. I'm just like here. Like whatever. Like a zombie.

Am I in pain? Or do I just not care anymore. But when people say they don't care they really do but it's just so deep down that the devil could nearly reach the feelings that they are hidding.

It's all very puzzling. Why I do what I do BUT why we all do what we do. Make decisions and regret them or realize that it wasn't exactly the best choice. Sometimes we feel our backs against the wall and all the pressue.

I can't really speak much more about it but hopefully u can relate and I don't make you depressed.I have a championship game tomorrow. Cross my fingers, I get this 2nd ring.

Goodnight yall

2 comments:

  1. Maybe this entry is a movie...because I smiled, could relate, and I know all too well how you feel.
    It sounds like we both need a shot of adrenaline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. **Side note: Hi Alexis! :)

    I think movies are like life. Many movies are based on real life situations that are just played by actors. If movies weren't like life, how could we relate? So, philosophically speaking, yes life is like a movie since movies are like life.

    All of your scenarios and examples of pain are so real in so many people's lives. You handle your situations pretty well. If you don't like a feeling or action then figure out a way to change it - you're good at that. My advice for you is to keep writing, daily, because I know first hand that is your forte. Writing not only makes you feel better but it shows a side of you that is so raw and real and I know I, as well as others who appreciate your writing, miss it when you don't write.

    :)

    ReplyDelete